What happens if you die?

Support for your family in difficult times. 

In the event of your death while in service, the Scheme provides death-in-service cover to protect your family. This includes a lump sum which is currently tax free within certain limits.

A spouse’s pension is also paid to your spouse.

Expression of wish

It’s a good idea to complete an Expression of wish form every couple of years which reflects your current circumstances, particularly if you get married or divorced, enter or leave a civil partnership or have a child.

The Expression of wish lets the Trustee know how you would like any benefits due from the Scheme to be paid in the event of your death. While this is not binding, it will be considered by the Trustee when deciding who to pay benefits to.